Saturday, October 8, 2011

Watch and Learn

Spiritual formation is centered in loving God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving my neighbor as myself. As we are maturing in Christ, love for God and love for people should be increasingly developed in our hearts and more fully expressed in the ways we relate to people. Love is our message. (John 15-17)


A colleague, Janice Smith, responds to a need she hears with a desire to help. The rest of us offer to pray, but when she hears of a difficult life circumstance she asks, “Can we send a card, bring a meal, help financially?” Love lived. Passion every day. I want to be like her. I’m watching. Learning.

We can study Jesus to become like him. We can also study his followers to learn how to walk as Jesus walked.

Is there anyone you are watching?
>

No comments: