Saturday, October 1, 2011

Passion

Our ability to live out our call to love the Lord and to love others, and to live the teaching of Jesus is directly linked to our ideas and images of who God is, how he relates to us, and how we see our self. True theology actually believed is crucial.


Nurturing our inner life is about spending time letting truth sink down deeply into our belief system, especially the knowledge of how cherished we are by God.

How can I let truth permeate my soul? Spend hours over several months in contemplation and meditation on the love of God specifically for YOU, and the goodness and beauty of his character. He is good. He is trustworthy. These truths are core fundamentals, the bedrock on which to build your life in Christ.

The hours I have spent coming to more richly know the love of God has been in 5-10 minute blocks of time, morning by morning, sunrise after sunrise. Then it has been more fully experienced at The Springs retreat. The love of God is the rain that has to pour down on my heart and seep into the ground water of my soul. It’s the ground water my roots find to sustain me during drought. It’s the spring that never fails.

I’ve taken words of God written in Scripture and personalized them as if he spoke them to me. “You are my beloved – on you my favor rests” “I’ve known you before you were born.” Reflecting on them has made me stop and seriously wonder, can these words really be true? Is it possible? Yes. The Father loves me. Passion begins in knowing I am loved, because once I truly know that I am loved, then, I want to love him back.

I want to experience divine love, God’s passion for me.

Every day.
>

No comments: