Monday, October 3, 2011

Nothing Else

Nothing else is required in life. He is my love.


I am so grateful for the love of God. I’ve been chosen by him. I’ve been welcomed. I couldn’t make it happen. I had no coercive power to force it. But here it is. Jesus loves me and what a gracious gift that is. It’s humbling. Beautiful. Gentle.

And for our love to be mutual, I must choose him—choose to make him my desire, the love of my life.

Staying in love every day is our goal. The fire of passion must be nurtured. Bible study, prayer with words, prayer without words, reflection, fellowship, times for solitude, silence, and being with the Lord – are all ways to tend the fire within.

I desire to nurture my relationship with the Lord so that I live passionately in love with him every day. I desire that my “work” is produced by my faith in Jesus, labor is prompted by my love for him, and endurance is inspired by hope in his love, and our future together.” (I Thessalonians 1:3).

“I have everything that I need.” (Psalm 23:1b)

Nothing else is required in life when Jesus is my love.
>

No comments: