Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I'm saving $20/month so I can come again"

I would describe this retreat as a protected time in a quiet place so that we can meet with the Lord. I think the huge blessing of this retreat is that the agenda is to be quiet and there's not the pressure of socializing -- just because that can be a difficult thing to choose between for me (being quiet or socializing). I had a wonderful time.
Lake Godfrey ... along a walk I came upon Lake Godfrey which sad to say reminded me of me. Low (need to fill back up), stagnant (not moving forward) .. no movement. What a vivid word picture the Lord gave to me.

There's nothing like retreating with other women to fill you up with the Lord's love. It was fantastic. I can't wait for November.
>

1 comment:

Karen O'Bannon said...

...and I can't wait to see you again in November! I have those 3 days, Nov 10-12, 2010 marked off on my dayplanner...Springs...my time with the Lord..precious, comforting and blessed, I'm so grateful for the opportunity and NEWIM for creating these retreats. My love forever~your sister in Christ, karen