Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How did the Lord use The Springs retreat in your life?

The retreat was "awesome, amazing, freeing and healing. The Lord truly met me here and walked with me. This retreat is unlike any other retreat I've been on. This retreat has been one of those life defining times. I don't know that every time will be like this. Yet, I trust that everyone of them will be sweet with His presence."



"I received an opportunity to quiet myself and simply spend time with the Lord. I was able to simply refocus my thoughts and priorities on God alone. He has filled me with His peace and I feel like my relationship with Him has been strengthened. I feel refreshed and ready to go back into the world."

"The Springs is a place to go to meet with the Lord. To get away from all distractions and allow yourself to simply hear God's voice speak to you."

"I really appreciated the practical talk about journaling by Luann and I felt God was just putting His finger on the importance of this practice for me. In fact, I went back through my journal from the last year or so of a really intense growth period and major challenges in my life and realized I barely scribed anything in a year period. So, I feel like the tool of journaling to focus with the Lord is being downloaded to my heart, here. And, the importance of listening in prayer -- not just talking -- and making regular time to listen to His Holy Spirit speaking deep into my heart. What a warm group and a wonderful time to do and be just this -- quiet. That's so hard to find in the daily grind. I'd love to come for longer!"
"The Lord revealed to me that I need to stop filling up my calendar with so much activity and schedule time for silence and solitude -- time to spend with Him. He is working to heal my wounded heart and reveal to me how much He loves me. The worship time was sweet and seemed directed just for me. The silent time allowed me an opportunity to just be in His presence. God met me here in such a sweet, gentle and loving way."

"The Lord loved on me in the most amazing ways. He wooed me into falling into His loving arms. He showed me that I can instill my trust in Him."
>

No comments: