Sunday, November 21, 2010

God can be trusted because He is good and He loves us!

From Psalm 84: "How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!
   My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
   my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.


Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.
Blessed are those who strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;

 We come away and enjoy reading His Word and letting it touch our innermost places.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6) 

I loved contemplating these words of Jesus as I listened to the birds singing in the trees. I watched them feast on the berries, singing to their hearts' delight for a long time. "Look at the birds of the air..." The Lord used these words of Jesus and the birds to deepen my confidence in the trustworthiness of His care for me.

>

No comments: