Monday, November 22, 2010

Coming out of the Desert


"How did the Lord use this time in my life...Oh my!  How didn't he use this time!  I have been in a desert for a long time. I have been feeling abandoned and while many say they are my friends, I felt like I had lost my two friends that I know are my friends. I have had 4 close friends move away in less than a year. The Lord reminded me not just that I am loved but that He is my friend -- all others must come out of my relationship with Him.  I learned how wrong I have been and also I am seeing answers to struggles and choices regarding ministry and family. He showed me that I need to serve my family more than pleasing others."
>

1 comment:

Lamb said...

I can relate to this young woman's post.

About 14 years ago God moved us about 1-1/2 North of where we once lived. Than, again about 5 years ago the Lord did the same thing to me by having 4 of my dearest friends move out of state. Than, about the same time He moved us from our church family and for several months we were without a 'family.' Now we are in a new church family; yet I do not feel connected. The 'heart-strings' are not tied together because the ones that were once tied are not severed.

My whole life feels like its full of fractured relationships. Once I get close enough to care, share, be honest/open ... something happens.

So I am left feeling abandon all the time. I know, I've taught on the very topic ... God will never leave you are forsake you .. so why do I feel like I am?