Saturday, January 3, 2015

Comments from Women -- November 2014

“The Lord used this time at The Springs as a place of refuge. Not an escape, but a place of safety. To be in constant communion with Him and other women believers. I found peace and love without a lot of outside interruptions. I don’t know what God has in mind from here, but I am willing to be used for His glory, even if it means as a prayer warrior only.”

"This was my 8th year at the Springs. For me, this retreat is not optional -- it's a given! I come because I know I will be renewed, refreshed, and re-connected to my Savior. The teaching team is a diverse group of godly women who use their God-given talents to bless those who come. The food is "over the top," the facility is serene and absolutely gorgeous, and the people are precious. As a busy mom, grandma, and ministry leader, this is my time for reflection and regeneration. It has a permanent place on my calendar!"  Sue Saboloni
 "This was a time for refreshment for my soul. Being on the church staff, being a mother, sister, wife, etc...seems nearly impossible to take time for myself. So this time away without any responsibilities was huge for me. I felt like I got to be a beloved daughter just hanging out with my Daddy. I got to crawl up in His arms, and He kissed me on the cheek, and let me relax and feel safe, no worries, no cares...just me and Him."  Julie Ann Callahan-Brown


"I am taking the photo of the empty cross home and using it as a reminder: the debt for my sins is paid in full. I laid them at the foot of the cross. Jesus knew of them when he died on the cross. He died for me. He rose again and He is coming back. Now I'm free to live for Him. focusing on heaven, not on the world." (Col 3. 1-4)     Jan Swing 

 The Lord allowed me time to rest, relax, reflect on how my life is today with the loss of Michael. (Michael, her son, had passed away just three weeks before the retreat.) I can't keep rewinding the tapes only to listen to the same recording. The Lord used this time to teach me about the tool of journaling for everyday stuff and how it can improve the outcome of life, especially right now, with the "fog" (of grief) I have over me.   -- Keni Barry
“The Lord used this time at The Springs for rest and affirmation of His love for me. I feel more confident in all areas of my life. I am taking home with me the intention of not listening to doubt and negative thinking from others and especially not from myself.”
>

No comments: