Sunday, May 27, 2012

Peace

I think I’m coming to a new understanding and perspective on peace.  This phrase has gone through my mind recently…
Peace is not achieved, it’s received.
It seems like I’ve "heard" that in my heart over and over, and I’ve been pondering what that might mean.  I think that in a way I’ve thought of peace almost as a goal, with certain steps to get there.  Good steps, like...if I am walking by faith, if I am trusting God enough, if I’m trying not to worry…Then I will get to that place of having peace.  And all those things are truths.  But I think I’ve missed a subtle but powerful difference.  I can’t seem to “get” peace.  Or at least if I do, it is short-lived.  These past few weeks I’ve been experiencing something new and different.  It feels like I have been over and over releasing things to God, with arms and heart open, and then I’ve been able to receive His peace.  Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.”  My part is to receive it.  And to let go of whatever it is that hinders that. 
Much to think about!
>

No comments: