Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Come to Me

It seems that lately I’ve been hearing a call in my heart, an invitation from the Lord. In the midst of a wildly busy time, and in the face of overwhelming struggles, what I’ve “heard” in my heart is, “Come to Me.” A simple yet profound invitation. The Lord through His Spirit, asking me, inviting me, even urging me, to simply respond to His invitation.

“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
”Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters.”
“The Spirit and the bride say, “’Come!”

In this invitation I realize that He’s not inviting me to a place, but to a relationship. But I’m also realizing that sometimes in order to experience what He’s inviting me to, it does involve a “place.” Sometimes it requires that I literally step aside for a while from all the responsibilities and demands, to disconnect myself from the myriad of activities that seem to invade my every waking moment. Sometimes it means taking a drive, or setting aside a block of time with absolutely no agenda, except to respond to His invitation.

The Springs is the perfect “place” to say Yes to His call, “Come to Me.” In the meantime, I’m looking for ways that I can implement what I’ve learned at the Springs, incorporating into my daily life the things that nurture the intimate relationship with the Lord that I desire…and that He desires to have with me.

shared by Grace
>

No comments: