Friday, May 8, 2009

Lavished with God's love








One woman wrote: "I had not been on this type of retreat before but had wanted to. So when my friend suggested I attend with her, I prayed and God clearly wanted me here. I came with expectations of much time alone with God and brought many of my own ideas and resources with me. I had heard God’s voice to attend The Springs but, as so typical of me, I then planned my own agenda. Thankfully, through your obedience and planning under the authority of the Holy Spirit my time here was not exactly what I anticipated but much, much more than I could have imagined. I have been drenched with his love reminded that God is not only King of the Universe, mighty, sovereign, great Jehovah but He is my Abba. I have wept over how He loves me and have gathered a long list of how he has lavished me with his love (Don’t you love that word – lavished). I have been able to not only experience the head knowledge but more abundantly the heart knowledge that “the everlasting (and unchanging) love of God lasts forever.”

>

No comments: