Saturday, November 8, 2008

How do you keep hanging on?

Betsy writes (as she finishes chemo and looks forward to a month of radiation treatment): I can see a large hill between me and the end of 2008. My great hope is a promise God made me that " I will finish well." I am hoping that what He meant by this is that we will discover in January that the cancer is licked and that the path to healing and restoration will be unhindered. Is my hope mis-guided? I hope not. One thing I know for certain: He is faithful and keeps all His promises, even when we don't understand it all, and even when we don't get it all right. He does! He is good all the time and His unfailing love lasts forever! This truth about the nature of God has become a cornerstone for my faith. Even when everything around us is unsteady, God does not change. If He is completely good and loves us with unfailing love, then that means that He is willing and able to meet us in the smallest and the biggest needs we have. So the journey of faith continues... and I have to say, I'm glad it does!

How do we hang on through tremendously difficult circumstances? We put our trust in the truth found in Scripture about the character and the nature of God.
>

No comments: