Saturday, November 5, 2016

A little rain

It's hard to believe that the California foothills, so brown and dead in late autumn, will blossom into a Monet soon. All it takes is just a little rain. Isaiah says that we live in a dry and sun scorched land.

What acts like rain for your inner life?

Sometimes we discount the value of activities that don't seem very "spiritual," but what if God created us to respond to Him in a whole variety of ways, like having coffee with a friend, or walking the dog, or enjoying the beauty of the light just before sunset, or surfing, or watercoloring. What if we paid attention and valued and gave time in our week to those activities that truly nurtured our souls and let God pour down His rain on us. Would we blossom and flourish in ways we can't imagine? And if our souls were well-watered, would we come alive spiritually and find we crave the gift of solitude because it freed us to truly worship?

Word of God speak, would You pour down like rain, washing my eyes to see Your majesty
To be still and know that You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest in Your holiness--Word of God speak
I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice
I'm finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is it's okay...

>

No comments: