Monday, June 10, 2013

Fear yields to His embrace

I thought I had to be perfect to be accepted. My deep-seated fear of rejection has begun to yield to God's embrace. Somehow, in a way I can only trust and not understand, presenting to God the truth of my life gives Him pleasure...Let me say this again: Our fear of rejection yields to God's embrace. His love for me is not diminished by my sin, my willfulness, my rebellion or my failure. Somehow, in a way I can only trust and not understand, presenting to God the truth of my life gives God pleasure...Opening my self is really about trust.

Trust in His love for you...look at Him hanging on the Cross and remember the depth of His love, then you will be able trust Him, and open your inner self to Him, telling Him what you find there. We do not need to fear. We do not need to hide. We do not need to present to Him anything other than the truth.

Trust Him. Trust that when you open yourself to Him, He will delight in you. Let His love dispel your fear of rejection and lead you into His arms of love.

The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
Psam 103:8-14
>

No comments: