Friday, November 18, 2011

He Will Answer

Psalm 86:7 “In the day of my trouble I will call to You, for You will answer me.”
The truths of this verse are so precious to me. In times of trouble, or times of need, maybe times of loneliness, or fear about the future, it feels like He’s used this verse to teach me something…
He doesn’t always answer our questions, but He always answers our cry.

Sometimes His answer is “I am with you.”
Sometimes it’s “Be still and know that I am God.”
Or maybe it’s “Do not fear.”
But what has overwhelmed me lately is that His answer is always, “I love you.”
Regardless of my circumstances, or emotions, or thoughts, or needs, He loves me. That never ever changes.
I wonder how many times the Lord answers my cry, but I don’t hear? Because I’m looking for a different kind of answer. I often want an answer that will speak to my situation, yet He longs to speak to my heart. I usually want an answer that will cause me to know how things are going to work out, but He wants me to simply know more of Who He is, and that He is in control.

Psalm 86:7 “In the day of my trouble I will call to You, for You will answer me.”
Thank You, Lord, that Your answer is always, “I love you.”
>

No comments: