Thursday, September 15, 2011

Boundless Love

Watch a sunrise… Ah! The Father really likes me. He’s very fond of me. He is a compassionate God who loves me in my brokenness. When we look to Jesus, we find him looking at us with a gaze of infinite tenderness.


Jesus told a story: Day laborers arrived at various times throughout the day. Some only worked an hour while others had worked hard all day, yet the extravagant farmer paid all of them the same.

God has opened heaven and extended his boundless, extravagant love for all who will come. Come, experience the love of God for you, today, right now, as you are. His love overflows for you.

His love may scandalize all who think that people have to work hard to earn his love. The truth is, his love knows no bounds. We are fully, completely, boundlessly loved by God even if we are broken and arrive at the last hour.

“I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?” (Matthew 20:14-15). God’s generosity is boundless.

Watch the sunrise tomorrow morning. Let the beauty of dawn speak to you of the beauty of God’s boundless love. His love extends to you.

Even if it’s the last hour, it’s not too late to come. 
 
>

No comments: