Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Praise the Lord!

PRAISE THE LORD!!

Psalm 133 reminds me (Christy) to praise the Lord from the rising to the setting of the sun from now to forever. The Psalm goes on to remind me that I am a barren woman who has been made the happy mother of children. Oh how hard this is to remember!

The SPRINGS retreat is coming and I am so excited this year I can hardly contain myself. Being the mom of two amazing children is such a blessing, but it is so hard for me to praise the Lord every moment for this. I get so caught up in being busy - working part time distracts me; doctors appointments, physical therapy, speech therapy, etc for my lovely little one with a genetic disorder; and dance class, library time, parks for my energetic three year old - all leave me exhausted and clinging to God's promises of strength and grace for each day. I can't wait to have three days to just bask in His presence without having to cling so desperately to his promises. I want to just love God for God, not only because he gives me strength and peace and love, but because he is God and worthy to be praised! I get to walk trails, nap, praise him with singing, fellowship with beloved sisters, read my Bible for hours, journal, sleep without interruption -

OH PRAISE THE LORD.

(Written by Christy Wold)
>

No comments: